Sunday, June 14, 2009

25 years of wisdom...

here are a few life nuggets...

1. you can achieve anything you want in life if you work hard and believe in yourself and in what you're doing.
2. i'm not sure how they did it, but my parents really do have all the answers.
3. as much as i love people, i need some good "becca time" every week- preferably a little bit every day.
4. intimidation doesn't exist if you just realize that, deep down, all people want the same thing... to be cared about.
5. with regards to dating, i will always trust my family's opinion. they know me best.  this rule recently saved me from a miserable fate.
6. being open-minded allows you to live life with an open heart and learn from everything and everyone along your path.  it's the only way to go.
7. reading makes you smarter and being smart and well-read will get you far in life.
8. money really does make the world go 'round.  it doesn't necessarily buy happiness... just less stress.
9. be diplomatic.  don't burn bridges. 
10. networking is easy if you just decide to be genuinely interested in people.
11. your true friends love you anyway...
12. personally, put others first.  professionally, cover your own butt.
13. text messaging is not a means of courtship.
14. the best friendships are the ones you can "pick up as if no time has passed".
15. always be determined to improve and better yourself, but never ever forget that you are enough just the way you are.
16. i don't care how secure you are, validation is key.
17. never underestimate the mind of a child.
18. boys like a good old-fashioned chase followed by some encouragement.  let them come to you.  the good ones always do.
19. life has a lot of ups and downs, but everything about it is more fun and meaningful if you treat it as an adventure to be learned from.
20. in general, i'm a pretty easy-going person. but, you want to see me get ugly... mess with one of my family members.
21. excuses are only good to the people who use them.
22. i am determined to be a great cook.
23. sometimes a sincere, "i'm sorry" is the only response.  nothing else is required.
24. my story is different. 
25. dream big. 

4 comments:

  1. Becca, my love, how twenty five years have taught you wisdom. . . and ridiculousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these. Oh BTW, I'm not stalking you, I just saw your blog linked from facebook and HAD to comment on these pearls of wisdom... P.S. I personally don't like the chase, I like to feel wanted and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...oh my gosh, I love these so much! Did you really come up with all of these? Genius. Texting is not courtship...bwahaha. Amen to #20. And I think #5 has been right these first 25 years only because the right guy hasn't come along yet. When he does, our opinion won't matter--although I'll still share it, and I'll make him cry if necessary : )

    ReplyDelete