Sunday, November 1, 2009

my rachy

my favorite friends are the ones that, no matter how much time has passed since we've seen each other, we can pick up right where we left off.  my friend rachael is one of those friends.  we met in high school and she and her twin katie have been two of my favorite people ever since.  the picture above is a picture taken, in high school, of rach and i in musical rehearsal.

we haven't lived anywhere near each other ever since we graduated from high school, but we've managed to see each other and catch up a handful of times here and there.  she and michael have been so great- taking time out of their busy lives to drive miles and miles just to see me perform.  this is a picture of us with my brothers and sisters at newport beach last summer.

earlier this summer i flew to nyc for a call-back.  my friend cy and i hung out in times square after a show one night and whose life-sized face should i see on a billboard?  yes, ladies and gentleman... michael rady.  rachy's michael.

michael's playing the part of jonah miller in the cw series melrose place.  i've been watching the show online and he's brilliant.  follow the show at cwtv.com

michael's character on melrose is engaged.  i think he might get a little inspiration for the role from his real engagement to rach!  aren't they adorable?

lucky guy.  look at how gorgeous rachy is on the red carpet!
my favorite thing about these two is that they are two of the most grounded, kind, salt-of-the-earth people i've ever met. rae rae and michael, i love you guys!  i've always known you were rock stars and i'm so excited that the rest of the world has discovered what i've known all along.

4 comments:

  1. Becca this is beautiful! I don't know what to say. You're such a beautiful and amazing person and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. i loves them! cutest couple award of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat Becca!!! You know whats funny is my sisters and I are huge fans of Sisterhood of the Traveling pants books and he was in those movies too. He played Kostas! Anyway I was reading and looking at the pics and I called my sis and she was so star struck that you knew him. Anyway, how lucky for Rachy any one who has Becca Schwartz in their life for that long is one lucky Girl!!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca - fabulous post! I love the picture of you two from George M. Such a great candid. If you're ever performing on the East Coast, let me know!

    <3 you, Krissy

    ReplyDelete